Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

we need to make and get some local meets in or around swindon soonish!

4 posters

Go down

we need to make and get some local meets in or around swindon soonish! Empty we need to make and get some local meets in or around swindon soonish!

Post by woodley Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:08 am

we need to get a local meet up asap

anyone got any ideas?
woodley
woodley
Regular Hooner
Regular Hooner

Back to top Go down

we need to make and get some local meets in or around swindon soonish! Empty Re: we need to make and get some local meets in or around swindon soonish!

Post by Alex Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:14 am

Definitely, locationwise I'm thinking Blunsdon dog track car park, it's massive and on non-race nights it's dead, whilst still being well-lit.
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

http://www.southwestcruise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

we need to make and get some local meets in or around swindon soonish! Empty Re: we need to make and get some local meets in or around swindon soonish!

Post by woodley Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:40 am

yeah that is a good shout actually wont the police hate it though?
woodley
woodley
Regular Hooner
Regular Hooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:18 am

I can't see them having an issue provided there's no trouble or excessive noise. Razz
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodley Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:52 am

the only trouble theres guna be is a lack of french cars Wink
woodley
woodley
Regular Hooner
Regular Hooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:42 am

Lol exactly! Niiiightmare. I went out tonight with a load of flyers advertising the site, looking to see if there were any meets going on whatsoever... Swindon was very dead... Need to kickstart this shiz!
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodley Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 am

yeah swindon is dead for car meet thats why i have to drive all the way to oxford for it :/ defo its going to take some time but its going to be worth it Smile
woodley
woodley
Regular Hooner
Regular Hooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:05 am

Will be out this evening doing another flyer run, see if I can run into any groups of people!
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodley Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:44 am

my car is finaly working again , anyone want to do a small meet and get some pics taken and get our name out and we can all go out for drive as a group or something ?? im up for it Smile

keep up the good work buddie Smile

woodley
woodley
Regular Hooner
Regular Hooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:40 am

Could do mate, when you thinking?
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SAXO8VYO Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:06 am

im new to this forum but im always over on sax-p and 106owners, maybe you should advertise the club/forum not just as french car meets ect as i think thats what puts people off as loads of my mates dont have french cars and when they heard me say "wiltshire french cars" are planning a meet somewhere it just puts them off abit as many of the meets containing only saxos / 106's are pretty crap unless your a sad person who spends half there life getting to know all the people on the forums
SAXO8VYO
SAXO8VYO

Back to top Go down

Post by woodley Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:12 am

weve advertised on 106owners well i did and i got a bollocking from the admins, we are letting other cars come as there is civics and vw's the lot coming ,
woodley
woodley
Regular Hooner
Regular Hooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SAXO8VYO Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:21 am

i have a few mates that would be up for it , just depends where it would be and 106owners admin are really up tight about stuff but seriously the club would be much better if it wasnt named "WILTSHIRE FRENCH CARS" . If the club/forum name was based around south west ? i think it would get alot more attention as at the moment it seems dead over here , im not taking the piss or anything just my imput as i personally would love a forum based on cars for the south west to get big and have a large following Smile
SAXO8VYO
SAXO8VYO

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:17 am

Opinions are always valuable! However, whenever we put a word out regarding meets etc, we always make it clear that anyone is welcome - the more the merrier. Smile
With regards to the forum name, after having merch etc made up and paying for the URL, I'm not willing to rename it now unless it really struggles. However, I thought about that the other day, however I think it has a nice ring to it anyway. But whenever I contact anyone who I think may be interested in the club, I always make it clear that anyone is welcome. Smile Thanks for your opinions though mate, they all count for something!

Alex.
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by benso18 Sun May 27, 2012 6:57 am

im up for car meets, in swindon matalan carpark at greenbridge gets busy at nights sometimes and few pwople meet at the megabowl by link centre west swindon, blunsdon race carpark seems an ideal place to have meets in my opinion out the way of the other groups which is where the police will most likely be at.
benso18
benso18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum