They may not (mostly) be modified, but they all have memories!

Go down

They may not (mostly) be modified, but they all have memories!

Post by mattym129 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 am

Here are the pictures that I have of my old pimpin' rides.

1st Car: N-Reg Peugeot 106 1.1 Escapade 3-Door Purple

Bought with a blown head gasket, dad's way of making me learn about cars. Killed the clutch in it after 9 days.

2nd Car: L-Reg Peugeot 106 1.4D Key West 5-Door Blue

Total dog bought for £400 after the 1.1's clutch went. Eventually crashed it into a gate post because the brakes and tyres were shot.

3rd Car: V-Reg Peugeot 306 1.9D L 5-Door Blue

One of my best cars, had done 150k but felt like it had done 50k. Blew the head gasket going over the stupidly steep Brecon Beacons.

4th Car: P-Reg Peugeot 306 1.9TD SLDT Sedan 4-Door Blue

Another good'n. Timing belt slipped and bent a few valves, dad "straightened" them by revving the tits off it for 5 minutes. First car I sold; it's no longer on the road according to DVLA.

4 1/2th Car: H-Reg Peugeot 205 1.4 CJ Cabriolet 2-Door Blue

A very poorly treated CJ bought as a project. Ran really well with loads of power. Pulled 4 immobilisers out of the dash loom.

5th Car: R-Reg Peugeot 106 1.5D 5-Door Blue

Bought cheap with no tax or test. Slow as poo. Sold it to a dodgy character who gave me about 50 quid in the end and wrote it off.

6th Car: L-Reg Renault Clio 1.2 RL 3-Door Black

Bought for £200. Slow, four gears, never did more than 30MPG, still quite fun being a Clio. A Golf TDi ran in into it near Aberystwyth.

7th Car: P-Reg Peugeot 306 1.4 5-Door Grey

Pretty much scrap yard fodder when I bought it for about £300. Blew the head gasket on the way to Leeds festival, let it cool down, did nothing to it and drove it for another few months. Amazing.

8th Car: P-Reg Peugeot 306 1.9TD DTurbo 3-Door Purple

Another in a run of terrible condition cars. Both windows were held up with pieces of wood, did loads to it only for it to fail the MOT.

9th Car: N-Reg Renault Clio 1.4 RT 3-Door Blue

My first taste of modifications. And they tasted good. Lowered about 40 on APEX, Powerflow cat-back, de-catted, tinted rear windows. Replaced the engine because of a really bad crank seal oil leak, then got smacked up the arse by a post van.

10th Car: P-Reg Peugeot 306 2.0 GTi-6 3-Door Silver

Oh, the '6. So many good memories, so many terrible. Went through 4 engines. Also went 0-60 in 7 seconds.

11th Car: W-Reg Vauxhall Astra 2.0 SRi 3-Door Silver

The best car that I have owned if you exclude the engine, probably because it wasn't French. However, the engine went pop in the end.

12th Car: R-Reg Peugeot 306 1.9TD GLX 5-Door Red

My current daily commuter. Very worn out, but once you get the bloody thing to start it is very reliable. Will be doing some major work to it soon.

mattym129

Back to top Go down

Re: They may not (mostly) be modified, but they all have memories!

Post by Alex on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:42 am

That's not bad going for four years! Razz

Funny though, I had my first car accident about 10 miles out of Aberystwyth...

Alex.
Alex
Admin
Admin

http://www.southwestcruise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum